I am sure everyone wants to generate massive backlinks for their site.Having massive backlinks is very crucial to SEO (search engine optimization) success. By generating massive backlinks, your website’s rankings will be at the first few page of search engines and you will have more targeted traffic in search engines. In order to improve the rankings of your website; you would have to generate backlinks to your website. The more massive backlinks you have, the better ranking your website would be.
I am sure most of the beginners would have problems understanding the real meaning of backlinks and they wanted to generate massive backlinks to make their site known to more people. So what exactly is a backlink? Backlinks are links that is pointed from one website to another website. Search engines often use the number of backlinks from one website to determine the website popularity, ranking and importance. It is commonly known as “votes”. Here are some of the best methods that I have tried that can generate massive backlinks for your website.
Commenting on Related Blogs in Your Niche
Commenting on blogs is one of the popular methods to build massive backlinks. It is a simple way to leave backlinks and all you need is the time to develop personal engagement with the particular blogs that you are commenting. There are several reasons on why should you comment on blogs.
- Networking – You can have the chance to network with bloggers in your related niche that you admire and you can always ask for opinions and advice to ensure that you are going on the right track. You can also know more online friends that are working towards the same goals as you and there might be a chance when you might be working together with them to create a campaign.
- Traffic – Majority of the blogs allow you to leave an anchor text to link back to your website after you have commented.
Always bear in mind that the comments you posted should be constructive and beneficial to the blogger and the audience. Posting comments such as “Nice Post” is not going to benefit the other people and the blogger. You should give some feedbacks that the blogger can improve on and genuinely help the other readers by providing your own comment. You can also praise him by quoting some of the sentences in the post and give your opinion it is well-written.
Tips for Blog Commenting
Blog commenting are usually used for building massive backlinks for a site. Before you start to comment on blogs. Here are some of the tips which might be beneficial to you.
- Do follow or No follow – This is what that will determine your value and importance of your comment in search engines. If your comment has a do follow attribute, it will pass rank and value towards the targeted website. If your comment has no follow attribute, it will not pass rank and value directly, however, it can help in the search engine page ranking.
- Niche – Google indexes backlink that has relation on the niche or the same topic. If you commented on MMO blog and your anchor text is fitness then the chances of your site getting index will be low.
- Source – You would need a site with a minimum of page rank (PR) 2 to comment on to ensure that you are getting results and a decent ranking of a minimum of 150,000 for Alexa. Those are sites that has massive backlinks which can benefit your site when you have commented on them.
- To find the source of your blog, simply go to Google alerts, write down your keyword for the specific niche without hitting enter and the results will show up automatically. Select blogs and the best results.
- Gravatar – Once your comments have been accepted by the blogger, you can identify yourself in the comments by registering for a gravatar account. You can add in your own link and profile bio for people to click. Always remember to provide constructive comments and there will be more people interested to click your link.
Guest posting means to allow others to write blog posts that does not belong to them. Guest posting is becoming increasingly popular in the blogging industry and guest posting is one of the preferred methods by many bloggers. I strongly believe that if you focus on providing value to the readers, this strategy would work for you. But wait! “I am helping other bloggers to contribute and this post is not included in my blog, what can I gain from it?” There are a lot of advantages to guest post for authority blogs besides just building up massive backlinks.
Benefits of Guest Posting
Before I continue, I would like to emphasize on the fact that do not write the guest post just for the sake of writing. Don’t ever treat the post with no sufficient research and planning just because it is not your blog. Bear in mind that your guest posts portray the image of your blog value and reputation.
Free Backlinks – Guest posting is one of the powerful free methods of building massive backlinks and when you post on a site, the author can choose to give you a “do follow” link which is called backlinks. If you guest post for authority blogs, your backlink will be better quality. You will still get a backlink even if the site is not popular.
More Traffic and Audience – when you are guest posting for other blogs, you will be interacting with another group of audience. That group of audience might be small or big and they will click on your profile that links to your own blog or squeeze page if they find your post to be well-written.
In other words, you are using another blog as a platform to build up another new group of audience which might be your customer in the future. Write posts that allow your readers to comment or leave their feedback. Ask a question in the end or raise up some points. Voice out your own opinions even if they differ from the public opinion. Give some Q&A session for them to give their comments and feedback.
As a result, your blog post might be featured and your next stop should be the comments. Reply to every comment to show them that you genuinely care for their opinion. If you manage to communicate well with them, they are more likely to be your audience and even follow you on twitter.
Build up Credibility and Authority – Writing on your own blog establishes an authority among your audience and if you are writing for other blogs, you are also enabling more people to know you. You don’t even have to have your own blog to gain credibility. You can get started by guest posting on blogs and you can slowly build up your recognition and authority
Improvement in Outbound Links – To build outbound links, you have to regularly comment on other blogs to generate outbound links for your anchor text. In addition to post comments, you can also offer to write for other blogs to have even more outbound links(massive backlinks) since the post will be published in other blogs. Blog owners usually won’t mind since they receive their inbound links from your post.
Improvement in Inbound Links – Inbound links are usually more important compared to outbound links and guest posting is a great way to increase the backlinks and it is a way to generate massive backlinks of your site. You can invite other bloggers to write on your blog and you will reward them by allowing them to place a backlink into your site. However, you have to ensure that the guest bloggers are giving you the links that are of high quality web pages. In other words, the link should be of high PR which conclude that the site has massive backlinks being generated into it and make sure that you have conducted a research on the site before agreeing to work together.
The good thing about guest blogging is that you do not have to worry about SEO issues. Dealing with the plugins, keyword research and the optimization is the job of the host. All you need to do is to write a massive value post that is applicable to the readers.
Submitting press release can be used to build massive backlinks. I personally never use this method for building up massive backlinks but still, what might not work for me doesn’t mean it might not work for you.
Before you get started with the submission of your press release, ask yourself two questions.
Your Objective – What type of press release are you intending to write?
Knowing the category of your press release helps you to focus and improve the organization of information.
- General News – It is used when a contest is being run or winning an award.
- Launch Release – Upcoming release of the product launching
- Expert Positioning News – Used to demonstrate an expertise on a certain subject.
- Corrective Press Release – When an issue arises that needs to be communicated like a product recall.
Your Audience – Does your subject interest majority of the audience or just a specific group of audience and does it perceive a strong value
Press release has to be made interesting to reach your objective of publicity. Below are some of the ideas that can engage your audience.
- Problem solving tips article or explanation
- Innovative product that make people want it because of the benefits
- Educational news that can fascinate the readers
Research your stuff well and write a focused press release. Make sure that you are writing in a non-promotional tone and rather, it is more of informational and news release.
Do not spam the press release sites with lots of news at once with the same domain; this is not going to do you any help in building up your backlinks. Instead, it will be marked as spam. Focus on creating one good press release with tons of research and effort in it.
Before starting on this technique to generate massive backlinks, make sure to check your analytics to gauge the success rate of this campaign. If you are not having tons of traffic, this campaign is not likely to be launched successfully since there are not much people aware of this.
Here is a list of free press release websites in alphabetical order.
- Free 1888 PressRelease.com
- Free 24-7 PressRelease.com
- Free AddPR
- Free Afly
- Free afreego.com
- Free Betanews
- Free Biblioscribe
Participate in Forums Discussion with Your Link in the Signature File
Participating in forum discussion is a good way to get started since you will be talking to a group of people who are in the same passion as you. You can include your signature file when you have a certain amount of posts in that forum to build your outbound links and it is a good way of generating massive backlinks if you provide value to forums.
What can you benefit when participating in a forum?
- Outbound Links
- Massive Backlinks
- Learning new things about that niche of yours
- Strategies that successful marketers used to generate their income – some of them are kind enough to share their success story in the forum and this will push you even more to reach that level.
- Ensuring that you are on the right track
- Ask for help and people are willing to help you to overcome that problem
Always remember to give what you can before receiving from others. Genuinely provide help to people if you happened to know the answer of that question. This will strongly build up your credibility as someone who knows the stuff well.
Build 2.0 Webpages
Web 2.0 is something that many of you have heard before but may never have learned what exactly it is. Web 2.0 is the term given to describe a second generation of the internet that is focused on the ability for people to share the information online.
Examples of 2.0 web pages
Social Networks – Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn are all 2.0 webpages since they are actively involved in sharing of information
Blogs – All of the blogging platform are 2.0 webpages
Video/Image sharing - Youtube or Flickr are made for sharing multimedia based content.
Wikipedia – This is a site where people can add their own information on topics to share with other people.
Article Directories – Ezine Articles, Go Articles, Articles base, etc. These sites are known for sharing informative content and despite the panda update; they are still ranking well and are still improving throughout the years. It is one of the most traditional and common way to build massive backlinks and generate traffic.
Social Bookmarking Site – Stumbleupon, delicious and digg are often used for bookmarking blog post. Pinterest have started to be increasingly popular ever since it was launched in 2 years back.
Social Sharing Site – Hubpages and Squidoo are the most active social sharing site for this upcoming years. You can freely share your information by creating an article and post in it.
Take note that if you have posted that content in your blog or article directories, hubpages will not accept duplicate post.
Publishing Your Work in Article Directories
You can submit your articles to directories such as Ezinearticles, Articlesbase ,Goarticles etc. Headlines are the most essential factor in writing your article. If you do not have a good headline, people will not bother to click on it.
Before writing your article, I would recommend you to:
- Get to a quiet place that is free of distractions
- Brainstorm a good heading
- Organize your ideas into several headings
- Use bullet or numbered points for better visualization
- Write down whenever you think of something that is related to your article
- Come back to your article later, you will find something to add on
- Focus on the content instead of spending time to edit your sentence structure and grammar first.
After you have written out your ideas, it is time for you to proof read and check for any grammar mistakes and improving in your sentence structure. This is what I usually do when it comes to article writing and I found it better for me to organize my thoughts.
The more work you put into action,spending productive time on generating massive backlinks, the more results you will have. Spending money to have massive backlinks is one of the least things that I would do. True enough that the backlinks are genuine but it is not of quality backlinks.
Personally,though this technique has a lot of potential of generating massive backlinks.However, a lot of time will be invested to write and submit articles to directories since there are a lot of articles being posted everyday. It would be better if you can diversify on other techniques that can build massive backlinks rather than focusing on one technique.
I hope to see your views and opinion about my post on generating massive backlinks!Do let me know if you have more to add.